The overall objective of the Project is to support Government of Georgia in creating a favorable environment for the socio-economic development of the country and its territorial entities to overcome its regional disparities.
The project is to help enhance Georgian regional development policy effectiveness by supporting the MRDI and other stakeholders in regional policy formulation and implementation in the context of better approximation of Georgia with applicable EU policies. It will support MRDI in overall efficient implementation of the strategies for Regional Development and in increasing stakeholder capacities to implement an integrated regional development policy framework throughout the country. The project will further assist MRDI and stakeholders to improve their capacities in monitoring and evaluation in the field of regional policy.
Specific objective of the project is to enhance effectiveness of Georgian regional development policy by supporting the MRDI and other stakeholders in regional policy formulation and implementation.
The project comprises three components with the following main results:
Component 1 – Policy formulation and implementation:
• Support MRDI and relevant stakeholders in further developing capacities to implement 2015-2017 Regional Development Programme of Georgia;
• Support in designing and planning of relevant strategies and next programming assignment for 2018-2020;
• Support Governor’s Administrations and Local authorities to further increase capacities to develop and implement Development Strategies of the Regions, their Action Plans and other relevant planning and budgeting;
Component 2 – Monitoring and evaluation of policy implementation:
• Support MRDI in preparation of periodic monitoring reports for ensuring effective implementation of RDP;
• Support MRDI in establishing and maintaining improved data collection mechanism regional development and regional cohesion;
• Support MRDI in preparation of periodic update of analysis on regional disparities.
Component 3 – Support Regional Development Agencies:
• Support in developing RDAs human and organizational capacities;
• Support RDAs in drafting/modifying region specific strategies, action plans and/or other operational/programming assignments and preparing local investment projects.
GFA CONSULTING GROUP GMBH
Strengthening of institutions, good governance and security
€1 230 300