EU and Government of Georgia work together on the implementation of a sustainable and comprehensive public procurement landscape in accordance with the principles of transparency, non-discrimination and competitiveness. Georgia is in the next phase of approximating its public procurement legislation with relevant European Union regulations as defined by EU-Georgia Association Agreement. Public procurement is one of the key components of the Association Agreement (AA) between the European Union and Georgia which envisages mutual access to public procurement markets.
Twinning project supports Georgia with the process of opening of the procurement market is connected with a gradual alignment of Georgia’s state procurement legislation. Implemented by Austrian and Slovenian counterparts, the project supports development of the Georgian Public Procurement System in terms of transparency and non-discrimination, increasing a more competitive public procurement system in line with EU and International best standards and corresponding to the commitments arising from the EU-Georgia Association Agreement.
To provide quality assurance and enhancement of the Georgian State Procurement Agency’s (SPA) institutional, human and technical capacities in order to facilitate the approximation of the Georgian public procurement legislation with the relevant Union acquis, as defined by the AA/DCFTA, and to introduce EU and international best practices within this framework.
– Institutional and human capacity of the SPA enhanced in line with the requirements of the EU legal framework till the end of the project;
– Georgian public procurement legislation and practice compliant with the Union acquis and standards;
– All necessary tools in place and operational by the end of the project;
– Full compliance in remedies system;
– Increased awareness and professional skills among various stakeholders within public procurement system;
– Team Leaders of similar on-going projects in the country participated to at least one steering committee meeting;
– Team leaders of similar on-going projects in the country participated to at least one visibility event;
– At least 40% female participation in relevant project activities.
Strengthening of institutions, good governance and security
Region: All Georgia
Start Date: 2019-01-21
End Date: 2021-01-20
€1 399 638
Social Media Links: