The EU-supported three-year project “Promotion of Rights Based Social Services for People with Disabilities and Elderly”, was launched in December 2019 by the Center for Strategic Research and Development of Georgia (CSRDG) in partnership with the two organizations, Georgian Public Interests Defense Association (Telavi; Kakheti Region) and Young Pedagogues Union (Ozurgeti; Guria Region). The project aims at developing social services in Georgia, where social, cultural and economic rights of vulnerable groups, including People with Disabilities and elderly are respected and promoted. For this purpose, the project activities are focused on one hand, on developing and piloting rights based social services in different regions of Georgia and on another hand on promoting political/professional environment to sustain the approach nationwide.
1. Social Service Providers have capacity to provide rights based social services to people with disabilities and elderly.
2. Favorable political and educational environment is ensured to promote sustainable integration of RB in social service provision on national level.
• The elements (components) and capacities to implement RBA in social services are studied, study report published and presented within round table meeting;
• The local RB social service models are initiated and piloted in 7 Municipalities of Georgia, at least 100 Elderly and people with disabilities receiving social services;
• RB social services are promoted and provided in different regions of Georgia by a) meeting in 10 regions with representatives from local municipalities, local office of Social Service Agency, CSO service providers and beneficiaries/their family members; b) trainings on developing RB social services for 30 social service providers (CSO);
• Based on the published study and local experience gained by the project team RB social service models and standards focusing on PwD and elderly service provision will be developed and promoted on national level through three round tables and national conference;
• The educational material on RB approach is developed and integrated in 3 syllabi of Social Work academic programs;
• The capacity of the Social Work (Trade) Union (SWU) to advocate protection of the rights of their beneficiaries, as well as their labor rights is increased. Social Work Law implementation action plan monitored, based on monitoring 3 shadow reports published and 3 campaigns conducted.
Strengthening of institutions, good governance and security
Region: Tbilisi; Guria; Kakheti
EU Project Number: