The project is part of European Neighborhood Programme for Agriculture and Rural Development (ENPARD) and contributes to the reduction of poverty in the Kakheti region. To improve employment and income generation opportunities of the communities, the project facilitated establishment and capacity-building of the Local Action Group as the platform for local decision-making and production of the Local Development Strategy for Dedoplistskaro Municipality. 10 representatives of the Local Action Group travelled to Romania on a study tour to share experience of similar entities. The project supported training on proposal writing techniques and as a result, 36 local projects and business plans were funded through the grant scheme implemented in line with Local Development Strategy.
Improved employment and income opportunities of community members of Dedoplistskaro Municipality for better quality of life.
– Creating replicable system of cooperation among local stakeholders (Local Action Group/LAG) to promote local development is operational and sustainable;
– Supporting development of local development strategy for Dedoplistskaro municipality is developed by the LAG and supported at municipal level;
– Creating mechanisms to contribute to sustainability of the LAG, supported through the appropriate structures after the project ends, designed together with relevant stakeholders and authorities
– Increased capacity of farmers as well as tourism-related and other businesses representatives have improved, resulted in improvement of employment and income
– Provision of improved social and economic services in the municipality.
Economic development and better market opportunities
Start Date: 2016-12-01
End Date: 2020-11-30
€2 104 346