Human rights and inclusiveness are core EU values. This project is part of EU’s support to strengthen institutions and promote good governance. The project addresses the need for improved communication and coordination among Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) as well as between CSOs and local government. It reinforces engagement of CSOs in policy-making process as the best owners of knowledge on the most urgent needs/problems faced by the local societies. For this, the project builds sustainable institutional arrangements to secure dialogue between local government and CSOs and their constituencies to foster effective policy-making processes and reach mutually agreed goals that are beneficial for the most vulnerable groups of society.
For this purpose, the project:
– Conducts public information meetings, country-wide and local media campaigns on civic participation
– Builds capacity of Caucasus Caregivers’ Cooperation network
– Conducts trainings on social entrepreneurship,
– Trains local governments on outsourcing services and PPSP mechanisms
– Provides financial support for Civil Society Organizations
– Ensures impact evaluation – Social Return on Investment (SROI)
– Prepares recommendations for an inclusive social welfare system.
Increasing civic participation and partnerships in local social policy making, implementation and monitoring.
– Strengthened capacities of CSOs to lobby, advocate and monitor decision-making in the local social sector.
– Promoted public-private social partnerships to provide social services in rural and remote areas of Georgia.
Strengthening of institutions, good governance and security