The project supports United Water Supply Company of Georgia (UWSCG) in the process of rehabilitation of water supply and sanitation network in Khashuri, Shida Kartli to deliver uninterrupted water supply and wastewater services to more than 44,000 people living in Khashuri and nearby villages.
The project works with UWSCG to:
– Rehabilitate water production, transport and storage facilities
– Reconstruct and extend water distribution network
– Reconstruct and extend sewer network
– Provide international expert support to UWSCG.
To improve delivery of water supply and sanitation services in the city of Khashuri, Shida Kartli region.
– Improved health & sanitary conditions for 44,000 people in Khashuri area;
– Improved hygiene conditions, reduced incidence of waterborne diseases, reducing outside pollution;
– Improved natural environment, including water resources and biodiversity;
– Improved water supply and sewage system governance;
– Experience gained in Khashuri disseminated across the UWSCG service area.
Agence Française de Développement
Connectivity, energy efficiency, environment and climate change
Region: Shida Kartli
€7 550 000