This technical assistance project is implemented in parallel to construction of a new regional landfill in Kutaisi, in compliance with EU standards with a network of connected transfer stations. The project provides training and consulting services to support and improve organisational and institutional capacities of the Solid Waste Management Company (SWMC). Its main tasks and responsibilities are to support and improve the capacities of the Solid Waste Management Company of Georgia in the following fields:
– Organisation and management
– Financial management
– Technical competences
– PR, communication and public awareness activities.
The project also provides strong support to the municipalities in the project region (separate collection, composting, improvement of waste management system planning (financial, technical, logistical), intermunicipal cooperation). It also helps with organisation of several Southern Caucasus regional workshops and seminars on waste policy and waste management.
To contribute to the development and the implementation of an integrated solid waste management system in Imereti, Racha-Lechkhumi and Kvemo Svaneti regions.
– New regional landfill constructed in compliance with EU standards and with a network of connected transfer stations
– Nikea landfill in Kutaisi closed
– Integrated waste management system introduced by supporting and enhancing the capacities of all involved parties
Kreditanstalt Fur Wiederaufbau (KFW)
Connectivity, energy efficiency, environment and climate change; Strengthening of institutions, good governance and security
Region: Tbilisi; Imereti; Racha-Lechkhumi and Kvemo Svaneti
€3 600 000