This EU-funded project aims to improve the efficiency, accountability and transparency of the public administration in Georgia, in line with the European Principles of Public Administration. The project will support the Government’s efforts to strengthen the institutional and human resource capacities for multi-level governance while empowering Local Self-Governments with policies and tools for integrated territorial development.
The project will operate from Tbilisi with primary focus on 4 regions: Imereti, Guria, Racha-Lechkuhmi and Kvemo Svaneti, and Kakheti. The project will assist the Ministry for Regional Development and Infrastructure (MRDI) and the respective Regional and Municipal Administration in these four regions in the preparation of future local beneficiaries to properly design, submit, select and implement projects under the new EU supported Pilot Integrated Regional Development Programme (PIRDP) for Georgia.
1. To increase the role of local governments in the multilevel system of governance;
2. To strengthen human and institutional capacities of the public administration in implementation of
Integrated Territorial Development (ITD) policies.
• Increased role of local authorities in line with national Local self-governance framework and with subsidiarity principle as enshrined in the European Charter on Local-Self Government;
• Increased mutual trust between local authorities and citizens, including local stakeholders;
• Higher engagement (participation) of citizens in local matters and decision-making processes;
• Increased programming and management skills of MRDI and other national and local level administrations;
• Increased capacity of regional and local authorities to implement integrated territorial development actions.
Strengthening of institutions, good governance and security
Region: Guria; Racha-Lechkhumi and Kvemo Svaneti; Imereti; Kakheti