The project aims at assisting the Eastern Partnership countries in the implementation of policy reforms based on policy recommendations from the OECD’s Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs) Policy Index; contributing to improved government responsiveness to SME needs and requests, and to improved public-private dialogue at national level.
– To assist Eastern Partnership countries in the implementation of policy reforms based on the policy recommendations outlined in the SME Policy Index.
– To increase government responsiveness to SME needs and facilitate improved public-private dialogue at national level.
– To strengthen policy dialogue and peer review at regional level with regard to SME competitiveness in the EaP region.
– To increase co-operation between SME stakeholders from the EaP region and facilitate exchange of best practices.
The programme supports a comprehensive set of activities carried out on country as well as regional levels. Country-level activities are provided in those countries that have expressed high‑level political commitment in implementing SME policy reforms and those that have agreed to a peer review examination of these reforms. Activities at regional level involve all Eastern Partnership (EaP) countries.
– Data collection, analysis and country-missions to develop policy reform or policy acts in support of implementation of policy recommendations of the SME Policy Index.
– Conducting workshops to prepare countries for the peer review examination at the Eurasia Competitiveness Roundtable organised by the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD).
– Organisation of coaching and capacity building workshops to support reform implementation.
– Capacity building activities through policy seminars for policy makers.
– Establishment of a regional structure in the form of an OECD Eurasia Competitiveness Roundtable.
Economic development and better market opportunities; Economic development and better market opportunities
Start Date: 2013-11-01
End Date: 2017-06-30
€2 500 000