The Facility combines loans with EU grants to support direct SME financing in Georgia, Moldova and Ukraine. It seeks to improve access to finance by providing guarantee schemes and technical assistance to increase the number of viable projects carried out by SMEs.
– Improved access of SMEs’ to finance and mitigation of the shortage of long-term financing;
– Provision of long-term local currency financing, thereby reducing SMEs’ currency risk;
– Provision of help to SMEs to identify quality capital investment projects and assist in successful implementation, to improve their governance structure and introduce them to best practices;
– Provision of assistance to develop local financial markets in view of sustainable and market-based principles;
– Risk sharing (EU grant to cover First Loss Cover);
– Technical assistance.
Economic development and better market opportunities; Economic development and better market opportunities
Start Date: 2014-09-01
End Date: 2024-08-31
€10 220 000