The project aims at supporting connections between researchers and students from the Eastern Partnership, the project helps them work together and exchange data, becoming global players in the world of science and research.
The project aims to:
– Establish and operate a high-capacity broadband internet network for research and education (R&E) across six EaP partner countries;
– Integrate the national research and education networks (NRENs) into the pan-European network, decreasing the digital divide;
– Facilitate participation of local scientists, students and academics in global R&E collaborations.
The EaP Connect networks provide:
– Participation in international collaborative research;
– Intensive data sharing;
– High-speed reliable internet;
– access to science grids and publishing portals;
– data processing using remote supercomputers;
– advanced video conferencing and other communication tools;
– e-learning and telemedicine opportunities.
Mobility and people-to-people contacts
Start Date: 2015-01-01
End Date: 2020-12-31
€13 000 000