This project is part of EU’s Covenant of Mayors for Climate & Energy initiative which brings together thousands of local governments voluntarily committed to implementing EU climate and energy objectives. The project supports Municipality of Telavi with:
– Introduction of energy efficient measures and use of renewable energy sources by implementing complex pilot investment projects in kindergartens
– Promotion of renewable energy production and use by utilizing locally available biomass and applying innovative technologies
– Establishing the local biomass logistic chain and using of vineyard pruning for heating instead of natural gas or wood;
– Public awareness campaigns with broad public involvement for the promotion of renewable energy and energy efficient technologies.
Enhance capacities of Georgian cities/municipalities – signatories of the Covenant of Mayors – in climate change mitigation and fulfillment of sustainable local energy policy through implementation of investment projects in line with their Sustainable Energy (Climate) Action Plans.
Completed thermo-modernization of 2 selected municipal/public buildings with consideration of RE & EE technologies
– Established renewable energy (biomass) supply chain in order to ensure the heating of 2 selected buildings with using of agriculture wastes (vineyards’ pruning resides)
– Enhanced managerial and technical capacities of local authorities in target municipalities to transform SE(C)APs measures into investment projects and fulfill CoM commitments through implementation of Sustainable energy investment projects
– Decreased dependence on imported fossil fuels & increased share of locally available renewable energy resources in final municipal energy consumption
– Raised awareness on benefits of clean energy technologies among interested stakeholders and public at large in target municipality and beyond
Connectivity, energy efficiency, environment and climate change; Strengthening of institutions, good governance and security; Economic development and better market opportunities
EU Project Number: